Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Does Multitasking Help You or Hurt You?


This is an important topic that should be evaluated for each business owner, entrepreneur, or worker for that matter. We all have so many things to do on our list and sometimes we don't know where to start. But before we tackle our list, we need to ask ourselves some questions. 

  • When is the best time of day that you are most focused?
  • What items on your to-do list have a high-value importance?
  • Can anyone else on my team assist me with these items? Can I get some assistance?
  • How many items on my to-do list can I get done within a 3 to 4-hour period?



So let's answer some of these questions hypothetically. The best time of day that you are most focused is usually after you wake up. This is the best time that I can get things done for myself and for my business or for my clients and usually, this is the time that I use to get the most important things done. Once these tasks are completed, my stress level is diminished quite rapidly. Now let's say I have chores to do, breakfast to prepare, business proposals to complete, or emails to answer - I will usually ask my husband to help with some of these tasks so that I can complete everything promptly for that day. His response is usually, I will prepare coffee or breakfast because he supports me in all that I do. I support him and he supports my endeavors. But we are a team and for us to be successful, you have to know when to ask for help. If I can at least complete three or four big tasks, this will help me jump on one task for the next day to get me ahead. This creates a better focus on what I am doing at the moment instead of trying to multitask. Multitasking isn't suggested when focus is important. 

Distractions That Can Help with Focus

So working throughout your day can be tiresome, especially if you are working six to eight hours a day. Have you ever re-read the same sentence over and over because you lack energy or don't feel awake? This is me sometimes when I do not take a break. Let's take a look at some tips that will help to get you rejuvenated. 

  • Get some fresh air or go outside to help with renewed energy.
  • Usually, after any physical activity, focus levels will rise. 
  • Try to remove distractions such as social media, and receiving text messages and/or calls during high productivity.
I hope this helps and gets you on a step to continue making things easier when planning out your days. 
Please share this with someone who could benefit from this information. 

Love Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Multitasking Help You or Hurt You?

This is an important topic that should be evaluated for each business owner, entrepreneur, or worker for that matter. We all have so many th...